Sales and Business Development Administrator
The role, based at our Newbury Park, CA office, will be responsible for providing support to the Business Development Manager and will be primarily focused on the pro-active development of the companies’ customer base as well as ensuring regular and effective communication with existing customers.
The successful candidate will have exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, and will have a pro-active “self-starting” personality, comfortable in reaching out to potential new customers to validate leads via telephone and e-mail, etc. It is assumed that if successful, the role, over time, will lead to other potential career opportunities within the sales department of the company, such as Sales Representative or Sales Manager positions.
No existing technical experience of the entertainment technology industry is required, however an understanding of basic mechanical theory and physics, and a willingness to learn, will be an advantage. The role will not require extensive travel other than potentially providing support at events such as trade shows, etc. once or twice a year. Candidates with multiple language skills, especially Spanish, will be at an advantage.
Sales & Business Development Manager
Skills & Qualifications:
- Identify potential sales leads from historical sales data or outside sources.
- Personally verify sales leads via telephone and e-mail for potential targeting by other members of the sales department.
- Manage customer and sales lead information in HubSpot CRM software.
- Track sales leads and monitor follow-ups by Sales Representative and Managers.
- Provide vacation and sickness coverage to existing Sales Administrators and Sales Representatives including handling customer inquiries and complaints, producing quotations, providing technical support, etc.
- Provide general office administrative support to inside and outside salespeople, warehouse staff, company management, etc.
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields.
- Experience with common business software such Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Previous experience with Sage 100 and/or HubSpot CRM an advantage.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Positive and professional demeanor and willingness to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- This position requires the employee to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with a willingness to receive further booster vaccines as needed to maintain that status, unless the employee receives a reasonable accommodation for a valid medical, religious, spiritual exemption. The Company will review requests for a reasonable accommodation for any such exemptions on a case-by-case basis.