Sales & Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development Manager
The role, which would ideally be based at our Newbury Park, CA office, may also be operated remotely or at our Knoxville, TN office, for an exceptional candidate. The position will be primarily focused on the pro-active development of the companies’ North American customer base as well as ensuring regular and effective communication with existing customers.
The successful candidate will have exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, and will have a pro-active “self-starting” personality, comfortable in reaching out to potential new customers to validate leads via telephone and e-mail, etc. as well as face to face meetings in person or via digital media. The position will be supported by an existing sales team of Sales Managers, Sales Representatives and Sales Administrators, with this role’s focus being on providing an exemplary initial new customer service experience and reenergizing existing and older customer relationships drawn from an extensive and mature customer database.
No existing technical experience of the entertainment technology industry is required, however an understanding of basic mechanical theory and physics, and a willingness to learn, will be an advantage. It is assumed that to be successful the role will require approximately 50% of the person’s time to be spent travelling across North America (fully expensed) to visit customers with some possibility of travel to Europe and/or Asia once or twice a year to support the group at international trade shows and events, etc. Candidates with multiple language skills, especially Spanish, will be at an advantage.
Vice President – Sales & Marketing
Skills & Qualifications:
- Oversee, develop, and coordinate relevant sales activities in the sales territory.
- Identify potential sales leads from historical sales data or outside sources.
- Personally verify sales leads via telephone and e-mail for potential targeting by yourself or other members of the sales department.
- Personally visit and meet with leads and customers at their premises, at trade shows, etc. to better understand their business and maximize our potential relationship.
- Manage customer and sales lead information in HubSpot CRM software.
- Track sales leads and monitor follow-ups by Sales Representative and other Sales Managers.
- Analyze sales statistics to identify areas of improvement based on current sales activities.
- Track results and trends regularly for business forecasting purposes.
- Regularly and accurately report on team and individual performances.
- Develop and execute innovative sales strategies.
- Build and form partnerships and relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Provide vacation and sickness coverage to existing Sales Managers including handling customer inquiries and complaints, producing quotations, providing technical support, etc.
- Previous extensive experience in sales or another related field.
- Handle an extremely fast based, chaotic, demanding, yet highly rewarding industry environment.
- Be a strong leader, with willingness and ability to help manage a small internal and external sales team.
- Desire to provide the customer with an exceptional market leading customer service experience.
- Experience with common business software such Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Previous experience with Sage 100 and/or HubSpot CRM and/or AutoCAD an advantage.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask with good organizational skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor and willingness to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- This position requires the employee to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with a willingness to receive further booster vaccines as needed to maintain that status, unless the employee receives a reasonable accommodation for a valid medical, religious, spiritual exemption. The Company will review requests for a reasonable accommodation for any such exemptions on a case-by-case basis.